Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Easy Paye collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide when you use this website and any Services or Systems therein.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Easy Paye Limited, company number 04602951 is the controller and responsible for your personal data. We are registered in accordance with the Data Protection Act with registration number ZA252397.
Our full details are:
Easy Paye Limited
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 01438 747144
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details, salary details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to provide our HR and Payroll services.
Methods of Data Collection
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions.
You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you;
- apply for our services;
- create an account on our website;
- Register an employer/employee
- Enquire online
- subscribe to our publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
As you interact with our website, Easy Paye Limited may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree.
- Third parties or publicly available sources.
Easy Paye may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment handling, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services Do Not have access to personal Data provided by users of our website. Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that Easy Paye requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by third parties must be processed within the terms of this Policy, a Data Processing Agreement and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Where you give us your express consent to process your data in particular circumstances.
Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on.
We provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
Promotional offers from us
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have provided your explicit consent via an opt-in box or you have previously purchased similar goods or services from us and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time using the contact details outlined above.
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Changes of Business Ownership and Control
Easy Paye may, from time to time, expand or reduce its business and this may involve the sale of certain divisions or the transfer of control of certain divisions to other parties. Data provided by you will, where it is relevant to any division so transferred, be transferred along with that division and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was supplied by you.
In the event that any Data submitted by you will be transferred in such a manner, you will be informed of the changes.
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your legal rights
You have rights under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 in relation to your personal data including;
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us using the details set out above.
Subject Access Requests
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
We respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally, it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Changes to this Policy
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance using the contact details set out above.